Avbrand member shared his build of Huge LED clock. The clock is really big!! even bigger than your CD/DVDs as shown below where a CD is stucked onto the plexiglass.
The clock has the following functions and features:
- It’s really big, making it easy to see from any part of my apartment.
- Most of the time, it shows the current time
- While a video file is playing on the media computer, it shows time remaining in the video
- When music is played, paused, or stopped, the display scrolls that information
- At 10pm, the display dims so it doesn’t light up the whole room.
24 volts of power will be required to drive the clock. You can use Nanocore microcontroller to build this clock.